Taking Ownership of Plans Prevents Field Challenges
- Experienced in all aspects of kitchen equipment contracting
- Model project in 3D
- Equipment specifications and cut-sheets used from schematic phase through completion
- Working drawings produced directly from collision models using Revit / BIM
- Enables accurate comprehensive construction documents that work in the field
- Assure plumbing, electrical, etc., is correctly dimensioned
- Eliminates 'disconnects' at every project phase
- Team interacts with project owners, estimators, field managers and others to make revisions that help prevent job site challenges
- R.W. Smith & Co. uses BIM as its primary design and documentation tool. BIM enables virtual construction.
- BIM provides the owner with an opportunity to see what a foodservice facility will look like before it is ever built and to make revisions prior to construction. More over, it enables architects, contractors, and installers to identify and resolve potential challenges that could cause cost overruns and construction and/or installation delays.
Watch RW Smith's presentation on building information modeling
and its many benefits for commercial kitchen design and build.
This video was created with 3ds Max and V-Ray for Chartwell's
as a proposed design for a server and cafeteria.